By brunoplumbi21505787, Nov 9 2017 04:04PM
There are may things that you should never flush down the toilet. To send them to their death via the toilet drain is to risk significant plumbing issues as well as environmental pollution.
1. Bathroom Wipes: Despite the fact that they are marketed to be flushed like toilet paper, these wipes are creating clogs and backups in sewer systems around the nation.
2.. Condoms: Latex prophylactics are like kryptonite for septic tanks and sewage treatment plants.
3. Cotton Balls & Swabs: These do not break down and eventually gather together in bends of the pipe, causing massive blockages.
4. Prescription Medication: These drugs destroy bacteria, contaminate groudwater supplies and can have terrible effects on wildlife downstream.
5. Paper Towels: Paper towels do not break down in water like toilet paper. Flushing them can cause big problems, causing back ups.
6. Cigarette Butts: Cigarette butts are full of incredibly toxic chemicals that just end up in the water supply.
7. Band-aids: Band-aids are made from non-biodegradable plastic which is terrible for the environment and can cause awful clogs in the sewage system.
8. Dental Floss: Once dental floss is flushed, it loves to wrap itself around other objects in the pipeline, making tiny clogs bigger in an instant.
9. Fats, Oil and Grease: It seems like liquid when it's hot but as soon as this grease hits the drain, it cools and congeals, becoming pipe-clogging wax.
10. Cat Litter: Cat litter is made from clay and sand, two things that you should never flush down a toilet. Not to mention that cat waste contains toxins and parasites that shoudn't be in out water system.
11. Disposable Diapers: Diapers are made from plastic that's designed to expand when it comes in contact with liquid. This will potentially cause teriible back-ups.